Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Trip to Great Wolf Lodge!


So I decided to take the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC before we moved back to Montgomery, AL. I just couldn't leave here without going. We invited our neighbors Hannah and Sarah (13 year old twins) to go with us. So it was me and 5 kids. Chad stayed home to get the house ready to put on the market. We left on Wednesday and as soon as we got there we went straight to the waterpark. I thought the waterpark would wear the kids out. Well that didn't happen. After the waterpark we went to our room the kids changed clothes in 2 seconds and out they went. I thought at least Dianne would go to sleep early on no she was up until 11. Everyone got up at 7 the next day and out they went. We did meet for breakfast which they ate in like 2 seconds and they were gone leaving me all alone at the restaurant. At least they took Dianne with them. The water park opened at 9 so we went to the water park and then I thought for sure Dianne would take a nap after that. Oh no she was wide awake so we went back to the water park. We came to the room around 4. The kids changed clothes in 2 seconds and out the door they went. While I took a shower Dianne finally fell asleep for about 30 minutes. The kids came back and then we all went to dinner. Back to the restaurant we went and they all ate their meals in 2 seconds and off they went again leaving me alone at the table but at least they took Dianne with them again. We all made it to bed about 11 again. The next day same thing. UP at 7 and out the door they went. So I was left to pack everything up because it was check out day. I had loaded everything onto the cart and away I went. Well of course when I got to the elevator everything fell off and went all over the place. That is when I broke my toe on the cart. Luckily there are some very nice people in the world who helped me reload the cart and away I went as I was silently screaming because my toe hurt sooooo bad. Got everything in the car and then here comes the kids ready to go back to the waterpark. So back to the waterpark we go. There were some slides that Dalton couldn't ride without me so I had to go ride them with him. So here I go with a broke toe and very sore legs from walking up and down the hallway carrying Dianne 50,000 times. We had to climb many stairs twice to get to the slides but he was so happy that he was able to ride those slides with his mom. About noon I had had enough. Dianne had had enough. So I said lets go home. We got in the car and all were asleep in about 5 minutes. I put my I-pod in my ear and it was a nice ride home. That night I went to bed at 7 and didn't wake up until morning. The toe feels much better now.

I am so glad I got to take the kids on this trip. It is something that they will remember for the rest of their lives and we are going to miss our sweet neighbors Hannah and Sarah so much. Maybe we can make this trip a yearly tradition with the girls. But Chad will have to come next time.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

you are a brave woman. sounds like you had a blast,other than the toe. I've had a broken toe before and it is soooo painful. i'm going to miss you guys.

Kasey Q said...

I still can't believe you did that trip alone. I hope the girls were helpful.

We miss you already. I hate that you're gone, but I look forward to seeing you when you come back to visit. Take care of those kids for me. I really enjoyed them in primary.